Sunday, July 21, 2024

Trading Standards

At CAMRA we love pubs and have great admiration for the people who run them. However, occasionally you may come across a licensee who doesn’t play fair; maybe regularly serving short measure or refusing to display a price list, as required.

If you have any complaint about your beer, such as poor quality or short measure, your first contact should of course be with the management of the pub concerned. Good bar staff will change your beer or give you a top-up for the short measure. If you are unhappy with the response you get and need to pursue the complaint further you should contact the Trading Standards department of the local council.

Trading Standards have a role to protect consumers from errors or frauds concerned with quality, description or price of goods, services or facilities and to detect and rectify unfair advertising practices.

Link: Wigan Council Trading Standards.