Many people don’t have time to attend the monthly Branch Meetings but that doesn’t mean you can’t get involved and become an ‘active’ member of the branch. There’s all kinds of ways you can get involved which doesn’t have to be too time-consuming.
Don’t know anybody? An easy and great way to get to know other local members is to attend one of our Branch Socials which are open to all branch members irrespective of whether they attend meetings or not.
Here is just a small list of other things that may be of interest to you:-
- Surveying local pubs for the Good Beer Guide and our pub database
- Volunteering to work, and maybe pull a few pints, at Wigan Beer Festival
- Distributing copies of ‘Swiggin in Wiggin‘ and other publicity material to local pubs
- Write to your MP to encourage them to support CAMRA’s campaigns and petitions
- Write an article for your ‘Swiggin in Wiggin‘, ‘Ey up!’ or the NewsBlog
- Submit beer scores online via WhatPub – CAMRA’s national pubs database.